Since the appearance of promo codes on the Net, good deals and savings are within everyone’s reach. With these word and number strings, you can enjoy many benefits from online stores. Gift promo codes are a type of promotion code is used by a lot of brands, especially in the beauty and health sector. tredz discount code, therefore, make it possible, on the contrary, to obtain a reduction in the amount of your order, to receive an additional item free of charge in addition to your order. These promotion codes are all the same less present than the 2 other types of codes because it is not necessarily relevant and obvious to offer gifts for all the brands (we will think in particular of the car-motorcycle brands, the services in line…).
Typical example of a gift-type promotion code:
> You order beauty products from a famous beauty brand that offers gift promotion codes. We can imagine that for a minimum amount of XX euros, the brand offers you a beauty kit or other gift.
It is quite possible that the brand offers various gift promotion codes in order to satisfy online shoppers as much as possible as well as to sell their stock.
Promotion codes that offer shipping costs
There is also a final typology of promo codes, again less often used by advertisers: codes giving the right to free delivery. At a time when all the major brands offer either basic free delivery or very low shipping costs, this type of promotion code is not widely used by them. In addition, an online shopper will be more tempted by a promotion code in € or% than by a promotion code offering free delivery (unless the e-merchant charges astronomical shipping costs).
Example of this typology:
> You buy clothes for XXX euros at Miss guided and they still charge you X euros for shipping costs. Thanks to a promotion code of this type, the delivery costs will not be invoiced to you and the amount of your order will be reduced.
As we can see, the 4 typologies of promotion codes are complementary to each other. Advertisers choose which typology (s) to select according to the marketing strategy they wish to adopt.
Conditions and use of promotion codes
After having deciphered all the typologies of promotion codes existing to date, it is useful to understand and analyze more closely what are the standard conditions imposed by advertisers concerning the use of their promotional codes. It is also necessary to briefly explain how to use a promotion code.
Standard conditions of use of promotion codes
Here are the most common conditions:
- Nominative code: this implies that the promotion code is personal and that it can only be used once
- Non-nominative code but can only be used once. This is often the case for promotional codes offered when registering for a site’s newsletter, for example.
- Code with minimum purchase: to take advantage of the promotion code, you must respect a minimum order amount (for example 10 €).
- Code on product/service category: this type of code can only be used on certain categories of the brand’s website.
- Code cannot be combined with promotions: most promotion codes cannot be combined with sales and/or items already discounted.
- Codes only valid for new customers
- Codes valid only for a first purchase
- Codes valid only for holders of a loyalty card
- Codes valid only for professionals
As you can see, the codes are often subject to a lot of conditions (not all of course) so that there is no abuse and that it does not cost the brand too much.
In conclusion, we can say that promotion codes and especially their use have evolved considerably in recent years and brands have been able to adapt their strategies very well accordingly. Let’s not forget that promo codes are completely free.