Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the present day. However, it was not the same until the rise of digitalization. Created in 1989, Python is preferred by businesses that use Machine Learning and Big Data-based initiatives. The advantages of Python include simpler coding, scalability, and its collection of libraries as well as frameworks.
If you believe that you need to have knowledge of this programming language for your next job, here are some python interview questions and answers that you must prepare for.
What differentiates Python from other programming languages?
One of the Python interview questions that is a hot favourite of interviewers is checking the factors which set Python apart from all other programming languages. Here are some of the reasons:
- Python is comparatively easy to learn because of its readability and clear syntax
- It makes debugging easier
- It is free and Open-source
- You can use Python across various languages
- It is an object-oriented language and supports the concepts of classes
- You can easily integrate Python with other programming languages such as Java, C++, and more.
What are keywords in Python?
In Python, keywords are reserved words that are used as the function name, identifiers, and variable name. They help in defining the structure as well as the syntax of the language. The Python keywords are:
What are Literals in Python?
Literal in Python means the data that is given in constant or variable. There are various types of literals in Python, which include:
- String Literals: Using single or double quotes as delimiters, a string literal specifies the content of a string in a Python program. It contains a string which is a Python object representing text value.
- Numeric Literals: This literal cannot be changed once created and belong to three different kinds, including integer, float, and complex.
- Boolean Literals: They can have any one value, either True or False. This is represented by ‘1’ and ‘0’ respectively.
- Special Literals: Represented by the value ‘none’, the special literal which is used for a variable with the null value.
How can you concatenate two tuples?
One of the Python basic interview questions is the method of concatenating two tuples. Concatenate two tuples means you have to add elements of one tuple at the end of the other tuple. For example, you have two tuples like
tup1 = (1,”a”,True)
tup2 = (4,5,6)
Now to concatenate tuple1 with tuple2, you would do
(4, 5, 6, 1, ’a’, True)
Now to concatenate tuple2 with tuple1, you have to do
(1, ‘a’, True, 4, 5, 6)
What is Django Architecture?
It is a web service that is used to build web pages. The architecture of it is shown as:
- Template: It is the front end of a web page and consists of the UI Logic and static part of output HTML code.
- Model: It is the back end where you can store data. It consists of majorly relational databases for example Postgres or MySql.
What are Pickling and Unpickling?
- Pickling is the process of transforming a Python object hierarchy into a byte stream. It is also called serialization.
- Unpickling is the opposite of Pickling, as it is the process of transforming a byte stream into a Python object hierarchy. This process is also called deserialization.
To implement a binary protocol for Python Object structure, the Pickle module is applied.
How Memory is managed in Python?
There is a private heap space in Python where all the objects are stored. The several aspects of this heap, like caching, sharing, segmentation, and allocation are regulated by the Python memory manager. The user will not have any control over the heap; it can only be accessed by the interpreter.
How to generate random numbers in Python?
To generate random numbers in Python, you have to import a random module.
The random() function creates a random float value which can be between 0 & 1.
The randrange() function creates a random number within a certain range.
Syntax: randrange(beginning, end, step)
ForeExample – > random.randrange(1,10,2)
What is the importance of the ‘is’ operator?
The ‘is’ operator is used for comparing the ID of two objects.
list1 == list2 True
list1 is list2 False
list1 is list3 True
These questions are doubtlessly an important step in preparing for your Python interview. You can get some great learning resources for Python at the Great Learning Academy and master the nuances of this useful programming language.